Monday, May 5, 2008

Photoshop Project

Evaluation

In our I.T. lessons, we were asked to create an advertisement for a product of our creation using Adobe Photoshop. I chose to do it about a made up shoe store called "Shoemania". I think using Photoshop is better than using other programs because you can do so many things using many unique and helpful tools. Using Photoshop made my project look more professional because we can get many effects that look more interesting than others. Most of the tools in Photoshop are unique and very useful; they make every thing created by it look good even if they are very simple.

Background:-
- Gradient tool – I used this to make the background more visually appealing and attention grabbing. I also chose it to suit the theme of my made up store.
- Opacity – I used this to make it bit transparent because it was too bright and it hurt the eyes. I changed the opacity to make it easier for the eyes.
- Filter : artistic : cutout – I used this tool to make it more funky so that it communicates the theme of the store and its audience which is mostly teenage girls and young adults.

Shoes: -
- Change in opacity – I made this picture of the shoes a bit transparent so that it becomes peaceful to the eyes and less bright.
- Rotate – I used the rotate tool to put it diagonally and in the corner of the page so that it fits better and looks better at the same time.
- Crop – I used this tool to cut out the border that used to be around the shoes because I didn’t like it very much.
- Magnetic lasso – I used the magnetic lasso tool to take out the white background around the shoes because it didn’t look good on my background. I just wanted the shoes to show without a background.
- Filter: Artistic: Plastic Wrap – I used this filter to make the shoes shinier to give them a better effect.

"Shoemania" text: -
- Skew – I used the skew tool to make the shape of the text more interesting.
- Change text style (font) – I also changed the font of the text so that it matches the mood and tone of my "store" which is funky and bold and bright.

Other Texts: -
- Change text style – I chose a different font then the name of the store because the name's font was too bold and big for a long text and I wanted it to be legible and clearer.

Bottom shoes 1, 2, 3
- Magnetic lasso – I used the magnetic lasso to take away the white background around the shoes because it didn’t look good on my background.
- Rotate – I rotated them to make them go into a diagonal line across the bottom of the page.


Circle behind “Shoemania”
- Ellipse tool – I used the ellipse tool to emphasize the "Shoemania" because I wanted the name of my store to stand out. I wanted it to be the first thing people saw when they look at my advertisement.
- Rotate – I rotated it to match the shape of the text and to emphasize the name more.
- Skew – I skewed it to match the shape of the text to accentuate the name more.
- Change in opacity – I changed the opacity to 75% because I didn’t want the green to be very bright. I also wanted the lines from the background to show lightly but not completely.

No comments: